Day I: Tuesday, 15 November 2022
Topic: Welcome to Engineering
Speaker: Dr. B. N. Jajoo
Govt. COE, Amravati/ Aurangabad
Dr. B. N. Jajoo delivered a session on “Welcome to Engineering”. He shared a number of personal experiences which would help students deal with the challenges they face during engineering.
He advised students to focus on Academics, Personality and Equality.
Talking about academics, he said:
- Focus on study (4 hours per day)
- 70% focus on studies and 30% focus on enjoyment.
- Be punctual, well-mannered, disciplined and loyal to engineering.
About Personality Development, he said:
- Body language plays an important role in professional life. Therefore, students need to work on their body language during the presentations.
- Work on Communication Skills for a better future.
- Improve Presentation skills.
- Improve Language (English)
- Speak in English with your classmates and friends
While elaborating this, he shared his own example. He said that he could not speak proper Marathi and English as he had come from rural background. Then he started learning from other students and in a brief span of time he overcame the language barrier. He advised students to learn from each other. This attitude will help to become a good team player. If “x” can do it, “y” can also do it.
Talking about Equality, he said:
No matter where all come from, what their scores are. At this juncture, start with the blank slate and grab opportunities.
He also talked about values. He advised students to know the value of human dignity and urged students to postpone gratifications.
He concluded his talk with a poem by Rabindranath Tagore
THIS IS MY prayer to thee, my Lord-strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart.
“Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.
Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.
Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might.
Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.
And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love.”