Day II: Tuesday, 16 November 2022 (Session II)
Topic: The Art of Learning a Language
Speaker: Prof. S. V. Bhagat
In this session, Prof. S. V. Bhagat discussed the art of learning a language.
- English is no longer a foreign language now. We have been using English in every sphere of life.
- Language is just a medium of expression.
- Language and Knowledge are two different things.
- Learning a language is a skill.
- Be multi-lingual to enhance the employability skills.
- LSRW skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) are necessary for learning a language.
- Context changes the meaning.
- Punctuations are powerful.
- Watch Others Talk
- Practice tongue-twisters
- Talk To Yourself
- Recreation techniques are helpful.
- Enjoy the process of learning a language.
He also shared a number of language learning experiences during the session. He highlighted the language acquisition of a child and ended a session by answering the questions of students.