College News

Student Orientation and Induction Program (Day 2 – Session 3)

Day II- Session III [ 9th August 2023 / 1:30pm – 2:30pm]

Topic : Entrepreneurship & Start – Up Ideas

Speaker – Mr. Shashikant Chaudhari


Mr. Shashikant Chaudhari, Co-founder of Baby Verse in Nagpur, graced the session as the guest speaker. The event commenced with a warm welcome by Dr. J.M. Patil, the Head of the Computer Science and Engineering Department, by honouring him with a memento and a shawl as a token of respect. With the stage set, his address commenced with a motivating tone, aimed at steering the students towards their upcoming engineering journey.

Drawing from his personal experiences, he shared a simple yet powerful approach: strengthening your mental capacity to handle college challenges and nurturing valuable friendships to build a strong social foundation. He expressively shared anecdotes from his college days, particularly at VNIT, highlighting the pivotal role that friendships, engagement in sports, and a dedicated pursuit of education played in moulding his own confidence and outlook.

From the foundation of his personal journey, he transitioned to a broader perspective on success, underscoring that the triumph of large companies is encouraged by innovative ideas and the network of relationships that are often promoted during college years. He attached a strategic approach to success, which centres on continual improvement and a passionate pursuit of learning. However, his counsel extended beyond entrepreneurship; he encouraged students to invest in their holistic growth, embracing their unique skills and personalities as avenues for self-improvement.

Differentiating the roles of CEO and operational personnel based on their personalities and strategic functions, he showcased the multifaceted nature of leadership. With a keen understanding of the fast-paced changes in the business and technological landscape, he highlighted the factor of age in entrepreneurship and the need to stay updated with evolving technologies and trends. Drawing from real-world examples, he illustrated how technology has become essential for contemporary businesses, citing ride-sharing platforms like Ola and Uber as prime instances.

Emphasizing the symbiotic relationship between progress and a strong engineering foundation, he provided a threefold framework for innovative idea development: hyper-personalization, innovation, and operability. These principles not only encapsulated business concepts but also extended to personal growth strategies. Concluding on a metaphorical note, he likened students to butterflies, urging them to extract wisdom and experiences like nectar, which could then be transformed into the valuable contributions.

In a thought-provoking revelation, he asserted that the essence of success was rooted 70% in communication, knowledge, and behavioural skills, with the remaining 30% relying on technical proficiency. His wise advice on presenting oneself as a key facet of successful leadership echoed the timeless principle that first impressions matter significantly. With a paternalistic tone, he advised students to introspect their potential, adopt a minimalist lifestyle, and actively avoid negative influences, all of which he deemed crucial for emerging as confident winners in both professional and personal spheres.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *